Postnatal massage immediately after you’ve given birth can feel amazing! Your body has been through a huge process where it has worked harder than it will ever work. Muscles after any extreme exercise will love a massage.
Your postnatal massage can ease all the stiffness and aches you might be feeling after such a momentous journey and allows your body to rest and recover more efficiently.
You can have your baby with you if you would prefer and techniques will work around you and your baby’s needs. It is a time when you can reconnect with your body after birth and begin to process what has happened.
Postnatal massage supports:
- the process of recovery and restoring the body to its non-pregnant state
- abdominal and pelvic floor toning
- back and shoulder aches
- improves circulation, lymphatic and energy flows
- postnatal depression
- stress and trauma, especially if the birth did not go as expected
- healing from any effects of strains or medical interventions experienced
- the emotional demands of parenting